Skip to content
- Teeth sensitivity and slight discomfort of the gums are common symptoms during the first few days after scaling. Avoid sour tasting food and extremely cold or hot food during this period.
- Maintain a soft food diet for the first week after gum surgery. During this period, limit strenuous exercise and water sports.
- Do not rinse your mouth vigorously after gum surgery for 24 hours. Keep your teeth and mouth clean by brushing gently after meals, but avoid touching the wound.
- Take medications as prescribed
- Pain relief medication: Take 1-2 tablets only when necessary.
- Antibiotics (prescribed in some cases): Must take the complete dosage prescribed.
- Use special mouth-rinse as recommended by your dentist.