- Do not eat or drink anything (except plain water) for at least four hours prior to the appointment.
- If you develop a fever or cold before the appointment, please contact Advanced Dental Center. If your child is the patient and he or she develops a fever or cold, contact the pediatric surgeon at the Center.
- After taking oral sedation medication, children may appear agitated and cry before being completely sedated.
- There should be more than one adult accompanying a child home so that the non driver can care for him/her during the trip. If you are the patient, be sure you have arranged for transportation.
- Patients are placed in a comfortable position until fully awake after an operation.
- Upon awakening, patients may drink and eat, but only a soft food diet is recommended during the first day.
- It is common for some patients to remain asleep almost the entire day. To prevent dehydration, the patient should be awakened within 4 hours after the treatment to be given liquid or soft food.